Monday, August 29, 2011

Don't Feel Much Like Writing

But figured I should.  We're all set to leave tomorrow.  And this entry will really be more of an update for everyone. I think we're all a bit on edge because of the "hurry up and wait" of this trip.  All set to leave Saturday and then delayed...hoping to leave on Sunday but that was a no go...and now leaving tomorrow.

I am still very grateful for having the extra time to really get things finished.  We are done packing, we do have transportation to the airport.  I think I'll feel better once we finally get in motion. So you all can keep us in your thoughts and prayers (please)...we fly BWI to Chicago on a 12:10pm, Chicago to Helsinki on a 2:30pm, Helsinki to Riga on a 9:30am (Wednesday morning).

Our new court date is September 1 at 1pm.  Right after that we will go to the orphanage to visit with J and see what his thoughts are.  We are confused because he was told the challenges we are having with travel and he told them "no" but then today we received another email from him telling us he "loves us *more*" and will see us soon. 

A praise to share is that we did here from Daina and she assures us we can get through all the required stuff in the time frame we have.  So, we will be able to leave on September 9 to come home...unless J says yes.  And if he does then we'll have to stay in Latvia longer. 

So once again we're needing to put this new "storm" in His hands to work it out.  J can say yes, and things could wonderfully work out for us to get it all done in time so we don't have to pay yet again to fix airline tickets.  And, we also know that it may just very well be in His will for J not to come home.  I'm sure this all has a lot to do with my mood today.

To share a bit of sunshine with you all...yesterday was a wonderful glimpse of normalcy.  Now that may sound strange because we all went through a hurricane either directly or from those outlying bands...but it was a "normal" day!  There was very little packing to be done and instead of working on anything really travel or adoption related, we simply enjoyed each other as a family.  I worked on puzzles with my girls, played outside and visited (long overdue) with a great friend.  I have to say it was quite possibly the best day I have had in months. 

In fact, it inspired me for my FB post yesterday that I DO think storms need to come more often.  They take away the things we think we need like TV, Internet and even power...and leave us to turn to the things we REALLY need like visiting with those friends, playing with our kids or simply having some quiet time.  And then the realization hit me...that the storms we have in life do the same things.  The thing we hold most dear might be stripped from our grasp...but it turns us to the One whose grasp we can never be stripped from.

That's it for today...Praying for brighter outlooks tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment