Friday, August 26, 2011

Waiting for Laundry

I missed an entry yesterday...yes, I am trying to do one daily for my own benefit if not for the reading enjoyment of my friends and family.  A small glimpse to remind me a while from now of what I was thinking, feeling and dealing with on these days.  And yesterday after a wonderful birthday (thanks to all my family and friends) I was exhausted when I got home.

So, while I wait for laundry, I snuck over the computer to write.  I'm actually being entertained (I use that lightly) by my children and their fashion show for court...will this shirt work, do these pants look ok, is this warm enough?  And then the ongoing challenge that the critical piece we wait for is in the dryer right now...or waiting to be washed.  I'm at a moment of a standstill. 

I really can't believe that 24 hours from now we will be on our way to the airport.  We've had an earthquake this week and a Hurricane is headed our way.  A friend mentioned to me this morning "aren't you glad you aren't leaving Sunday!"  Then it dawned on me, we were supposed to leave Sunday.  The fares were too high so we switched to Saturday...isn't that amazing??  We'll get out before Irene gets here and be headed the opposite direction from her.  We pray for safety for all who are here and we are so grateful God lined all that up too.  You see WE had no way of knowing what was coming.  But HE did...and so earthly things were lined up to change the plan...and it seemed like such an inconvenience when I dealt with it last week ;-)

I've been a bit nostalgic this morning too.  Feeling like crying at the smallest things.  Don't know if it's turning 39 yesterday, the fact we're going on the biggest trip of our lives to date or the fact we are adding to our family...it is a bit much I guess ;-)  But somehow I'm longing for days gone by. 

E still has no idea why we're all packing but he's excited.  And yes, there's still much to be done.  So, I better get off of here and find something to do with my time that will have me closer to Latvia!  Until later...

No comments:

Post a Comment