Monday, August 22, 2011

There Are No Words

As I began to think about writing tonight's post, I truly couldn't think of what to call it.  And so...there are no words! 

No words to describe how hesitantly thrilled I am!  I've been praising our God all day today because today...TODAY!...we finally heard from J! 

I was reminded by our wonderful adoption agency that since we are working with a Hague country we need to carefully respect their rules...so since this blog is on the full web with really no "controls" we won't be posting any pics of them until later or using their full names.  Those of you who know us and them are aware of course and as soon as they are ours, I'll blast them all over here!

But back to the real story...today was like any other day.  Driving in to work with 38 long miles to dwell on all we have going on and I'm praying, begging God once again to please work on his heart.  Bring him back to us. Give us the strength to accept it if that is not what is in His plan for our family.  Feeling regret...maybe we moved too fast, maybe we should have hosted a second time before committing, maybe I should have called more, maybe I should have sent more packages. 

But none of those things would change where we are right now...and I know that without a doubt.

Once my day got started I quickly logged in like I always do just to see if he's there on frype.  I quickly tab around to see if I have messages and nothing.  Then, like a simple gift, the little orange dot appeared over his picture telling me he was on line.  My heart was racing...should I try to message him?  What did I have to lose...so I did. 

A very simple "Good Morning.  I love you!  Mama" and the little hugging emoticon at the end.

Almost as quickly as it went, the orange number popped up over messages and shockingly, it was from him!  I immediately cried and hesitantly opened it...not knowing what to expect.

His message:
Hi momy!  I know you are coming to Latvia soon...I can't wait to see you!  Love you (hugs)

Did you read that!!!???  Did you hear it?  No, we're not out of the woods...but he's willing to see us!  He loves us! 

And our God is great...and faithful...and always working for our good.  This my friends is direct answer to prayer. 

We wrote back and forth about six times before he signed off and ended up discussing things as trivial as his hair jelly (gel HAHA) which he is out of and would like us to bring some...teenagers!

So, tonight I am full of gratitude for this little glimpse of the old J.  The one who loves us and wrote HOPE in the snow on Christmas morning (That's another post for another time.)

Why am I hestitantly thrilled?  Well, there is still much to be done...it isn't September 9 and we aren't sitting on  plane all of us together.  But today is today and I will take the blessing given to me and cherish it.  And pray for more messages til we travel!

That's it for tonight...there's a budget to be finished and lots of work yet to be done...but thanks for reading!  Still figuring this thing out...so bear with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment