Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Nothing New...Really?

It's been a long day and when I thought about what to post tonight I thought, well, nothing really happened today.  Really?

No, not really.  It's been an amazing day of getting things done.  Budgets nearly finished, events finished detailing, memos nearly done outlining who's responsible for what while I am away (oh, and an earthquake!)...so MUCH to be done at work to be going on this part of our adventure.  And guess what?  While I am still "concerned" about getting it all done...it is happening.  Piece by piece, one thing at a time, it is getting done.

This journey has taught me so much about living one day at a time.  When working through our involvement and then falling in love with E...how could we get him in school for speech, who would watch him tomorrow, how would we pay for medical bills...one day, one piece at a time.  Then the papers...oh the papers!  There were so many of them!  How did we do it?  One piece at a time. 

One of my favorite sayings is "How do you eat an elephant?"  The answer is One Bite at a Time.  And that is what we have learned over and over again.  It only took me seven months to learn it...but hey, some people go a lifetime and never grasp it ;-)

I was sharing with a friend of mine after rejoicing yesterday over J's message to us.  And I commented that I just couldn't believe he'd finally answered.  And then I stopped myself because I said, wait, that is how we are supposed to believe...supposed to pray...EXPECTANTLY.  Knowing He can make anything happen if it is in His will. 

And then today, I heard on the radio about a message one of the announcers had heard from Kings...how there were (and I'll most likely get the details wrong but the message will be right) these kings in the desert and they were out there to fight this big battle.  Drought came and there was no water for their animals, themselves or their men.  And they became frustrated saying "you brought us out here in the desert to die!"  They sought the advice of the prophet Elisha who told them to dig ditches.  Even when there was no sign of rain, no natural way to see that He would provide, move forward EXPECTANTLY and take action believing He would provide.  Sure enough the next morning, their ditches were full of water and He HAD provided for them. 

That really spoke to me...because all we know in this whole process is that God told us to adopt.  When the question was asked, our answer was yes.  And we began digging our ditches.  The filling part is all up to Him ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment